August 18, 2005

Fancy or crappy?

I run a pretty decent classroom website (check it from the sidebar if you're interested), at least I think I do. Admittedly it's got a ton of extra, frivolous crap that probably doesn't need to be around, but at least I make sure that you don't have to fight through the frivolous crap to get to the usefull stuff if you don't want to. Now, if you want to spend dozens of hours looking at every easter egg and hidden link, you can do that, but you don't have to.

My question is...Northstar Elementary School - is this fancy and neat and useful or is this frivolous crap that gets in the way of actually using the website as an effective communication tool?

1 comment:

PHSChemGuy said...

It takes forever...absolutely forever to get any information out of the site...

I like the philosophy that people should be able to find the most important information on your website in no more than two clicks...maximum...and I've got my website set up that way...

There's plenty of crap around, but it's not crap you have to go through to get the good info. Instead, it's crap that you can look at if you want to.