October 19, 2005

Duck...

On my test today in honors chem, I had some extra space, so I included the following list of words - all inherently funny to me:

cacophony
varoom
oomph
fluctuate
snub
ruckus
tint
rancor
malice
keen
parenthetical
pester
vacuum
triumph
omnibus
archetype
gob
superfluous
zealous
strudel
polytheism
enthusiasm
semprini
weasel
oy
poodle
kumquats
guacamole
turtle
succotash
keokuk
Cucamonga
alka-seltzer
chainsaw
prune
duck
turtle
underpants
spleen
punctuation
tmesis
pleonasm
synecdoche
metonymy
syllepsis
epenthesis
smorgasbord
grunion
waffle
mutant
monkey
fluffy
fugal
eskimo
dastardly
broccoli
banana
poot
crossmojonation
chicken
ludicrous
gubernatorial
tomfoolery
lollygagger
moist
thingamajig
lisp
cavalcade
phlegm
wonky
platypus
schadenfreude

And in looking - via Google, of course - for funny words, I ran across this Wikipedia article, and let me just say that I would love to hear the show I'm Sorry, I Haven't got a Clue.

Edited: Another link that I ran across while searching for some of these words was this language fun page.

No comments: