October 13, 2005

Too many choices...

Ok, I know that I've crabbed about this before, but there are too many stupid choices from too many brands.

7up is a fine product. It's a classic, competing with Sprite for the majority of the lemon-lime market share. It's a fine beverage.

But apparently, it's not good enough. Ok, Diet 7up makes prefect sense. I understand the desire of some people for a sugary drink without the sugar. No worries.

I cna even endorse cherry 7up because it's tasty, and I guess if I take cherry 7up, I have to take no offense to diet cherry 7up.

But then things got weird. We have 7up plus cherry, 7up plus mixed berry, 7up plus island fruit, dnL (a mountain dew clone), 7up ice, 7up raspberry, 7up lime chill, 7up ice cola, 7up light, 7up gold, 7up orange, 7up tropical splash, wild cherry 7up, 7up clear raspberry, 7up clear orange...

Of, course, it could be much worse.

Why would they do that? Why?

No comments: