November 19, 2005

Copping out...

Another random playlist from my iTunes at home...the first ten songs to come up when I hit play...
"Cult of Personality" by Living Colour
Sadly one of the forgotten bands of the late 80's...great hard rock with a social conscience froma primarily black band...an interesting combo that we haven't really seen much otherwise...great song...
"Idaho" by Yonder Mountain String Band
One of their better studio songs...closer to a tight song than their more typical extended jams...fun group with some local ties...
"Girl of the North County" by John Gorka
Nice cover from the Nod to Bob album...I love Dylan's original version, but Gorka's voice does a nice job here
"We are in Love" by Harry Connick, Jr.
Big swing band from a guy who's headed away from making music and more into being an actor...I liked his earlier stuff better than his latter...
"Prayer" by Miles Davis
From the Porgy & Bess album...not my favorite tune...one that sort of fades in with a lot of his others to me...I presfer the Sketches of Spain album...
"See Water" by Beck
Early, folky stuff from Beck...before the Mellow Gold album even...so weird that he flits back and forth between slow, downer folk and upbeat techno/remix pop...I love both versions of his stuff...
"Dreaming My Dreams with You" by Alison Krauss
Little too slow...like the album but not this song so much...
"Blackhawk" by Emmylou Harris
Wonderful voice...great production on the Wrecking Ball album by Daniel Lanois...worth hunting the album down, especially if you know her as a country singer...this isn't a country album
"Knowing Me, Knowing You" by ABBA
Remnants of Karlen's life on my iTunes before we got her a separate laptop...I've gotta go about and delete the ABBA stuff sometime soon...
"Let's Pretend We're Bunny Rabbits" by Magnetic Fields
From the three-cd 69 Love Songs which was a great wedding gift from my college roommate...entertaining and melodic takes of so many versions of love...

No comments: