November 7, 2005

What's the weather?

I know, you've been thinking to yourself, "How can I get a cartoon character to suggest to me the outside conditions while I sit here in this dank, dark office?"

I understand your pain and haven't seen any light from my classroom since I moved to Princeton. So, I've got a few solutions for you.

First, there's Weather Pixie which is a little cartoon graphic of a girl or boy (of your choosing, of course) giving you an update on the outside conditions complete with appropriate attire for the weather. You can choose a punk guy, a goth girl, a somewhat coquettish Bratz girl, a geisha, and a bunch more. And you can choose to get information from just about any location around the world. Of course, some of the folks seem a little inappropriately dressed for their Antarctic adventure.

Or, you could donate WeatherBug which will appear in your Windows taskbar with the current conditions in the world.

You can also get RSS feeds of the weather in your area from the National Oceans and Atmospheric Administration.

There's also the Weather Underground which can provide you with an icon for your webpage.

Or, you can just check the Weather Channel for the weather in your area. That might be more helpful in case there was some serious weather coming your way.

No comments: