December 5, 2005

A little synergy

Ok, so my wife has signed on to run the Flying Pig Marathon here in Cincinnati on May 7, 2006. It's going to be a first marathon for her is she does it, and that makes things a bit of a long shot. But she is a stubborn cuss - having walked the 2100+ miles of the Appalachian Trail in spite of having never hiked and backpacked more than a night in her life.

More impressive and close to my heart is that she's doing it as a part of the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Team in Training fundraiser. It's a cause that's become an important part of my life in the past few years as my school does a major fund raiser for them called Pasta for Pennies.

Today, however, I've giving the shout out to her so that you folks can get an opportunity to donate to her via the interweb using the active.com site that she's set up. While you're there, feel free to donate to any of her Southern Ohio co-runners.

No comments: