January 29, 2006

Ah, fat memories...

I was searching around a Louisville restaurant review website to send some interesting suggestions to Prof. John Fischer - retired from Wabash, my alma mater - and happened across a quick review of Emery's Ice Cream, a long defunct ice cream parlor of my youth. Only a block from my chilhood home, Emery's was the site of many of my early caloric indulgences - particularly the peach ice cream.

Once Mrs. Emery passed away, however, the business pretty much faded away very quickly. I know you can never go home again - especially now that the family has moved elsewhere in N'Albany - but at least I can revisit the memories from time to time...

PS - apparently, Emery's has been recreated to some extent (I haven't been there yet) in nearby Corydon at a new location

3 comments:

ame said...

personally I was always a fan of the chocolate. Drove by there the other day, windows are broken and the place looks sad, made me think how you can never recapture memories no matter how much you want to.

PHSChemGuy said...

Yeah, but you're closer to trying the one in Corydon...give a report if ever you wander that way...

ame said...

maybe I can talk Laura into a little drive sometime :) I'll report back if I do big brother