January 2, 2006

Waiting for the third...

I got my email from Amazon that my shipment is on the way. It'll have Beck's Guerolito, the new sports almanac, and Ryan Adams's 29 cd - his third release of 2005 - just in under the deadline.

I dig Adams's music enough that he's moved into the automatic buy category for all of his new releases, but I really wish that somebody would get ahold of him, kick his backside, and force him to edit his work output. He's got aural diarrhea, an odd condition in which the artist records tons more than he should and releases it all instead of keeping it back, choosing the best tracks, shaping them into a great alum, and releasing the rest in drips and drabs on odds and sods albums.

C'mon, Ryan, just because you record everything doesn't mean you have to try to sell it.

Unless there are a whole bunch of schmucks like me who'll buy it...

No comments: