April 12, 2006

I'm beginning to repeat myself...

I'm beginning to repeat myself.

In a previous post I discussed my running list of inherently funny words as well as the fact that wikipedia has an article dealing with just such a subject. Today I wandered across the same article in my interweb travellings and found a few other along the same vein.

There's this page of quaint or quixotic words. I especially recommend the list of quaint words.

There's Michael Leyedon's list of funny words some of which overlap with mine.

And there's a page of how to be funny which includes mention of some words that you just need to know because they're funny.

And just because I can, here's my list of words that I particularly enjoy...feel free to drop a comment if you can think of any that I might want to add in...

alka-seltzer   archetype
banana   broccoli
cacophony   cavalcade
chainsaw   chicken
crossmojonation
Cucamonga   dastardly
duck   enthusiasm
epenthesis   eskimo
fluctuate   fluffy
frugal   gob   grunion
guacamole   gubernatorial
infarction   keen   keokuk
kumquats   lisp   lollygagger
ludicrous   malice   metonymy
moist   monkey   mutant
omnibus   oomph   oy
parenthetical   pester   vacuum
phlegm   platypus   pleonasm
polytheism   polytheism   poodle
poot   prune   punctuation
rancor   ruckus   schadenfreude
smorgasbord   snub   spleen
strudel   succotash   superfluous
syllepsis   synecdoche   thingamajig
tint   tmesis   tomfoolery   triumph
turtle   underpants   varoom   waffle
weasel   wonky   zealous

1 comment:

PHSChemGuy said...

Well, if we're drifting into moderately- to fully-vulgar territory, I can be a lot more creative...