April 18, 2006

The when and where...

To quote Michael Chabon in The Google Story...
Writers of the past had absinthe, whiskey, or heroin. I have Google. I go there intending to stay five minutes and next thing I know, I've written 43 words, and all I have to show for it is that I know the titles of every episode of 'Nanny and the Professor'.
And now Google has released a beta version of Google Calendar. I haven't tried it just yet but have logged in via my gmail account (which I'm not using yet but am always considering shifting to.

These folks just might be writing the future of the internet and computers, so I'd suggest learning a little more about the company if you could. The book - The Google Story - is excellent. It's a fairly quick read, and it's well-written.

1 comment:

Joe G said...

Dude, check the google calendar- and here is why...public calendars.

like "the office" the way i do? subscribe to the office calendar...automatically the episodes appear on your calendar, compelte with episode synopsis
and you get birthdays of cast and crew etc subscribe to your favorite baseball or football team's calendar all automatically shows up
no more searching, looking up schedules...your entire life, right there...automatic hell even wabash has a public calendar.