May 23, 2006

Wook at the widdle baby animaws...

There are a number of websites that I keep links to just as reference because I know somebody's gonna ask me some sort of weird question that I'll wnat to find the answer to (or because I like to use them for extra credit)...

Today, you get a website that lists the proper terms for baby animals and groups of animals of various species. For example, there's the ever-popular murder of crows and pod of whales, but the less common dray of squirrels or parliment of owls. There's also the more famous hippo baby named a calf but also the less famous hawk eyas and oyster spat.

Who knew?

I also keep links to a word trivia website, a holiday origin website, a American secular holiday webpage, an authoritative Beatles site, and the greatest Simpsons reference I can find.

No comments: