July 26, 2006

The Us Weekly of sports

I try not to follow celebrity gossip. It's one of the things that I've been trying to work on about myself of late.

It's not that I've had a huge issue with reading People, Us Weekly, or The Enquirer or anything, just that I don't want to spend my time pondering every miniscule detail of the lives of people who won't ever impact mine in anyway (see Cruise, Tom; Holmes, Katie; Spears, Britany; et al).

And yet I'm weirdly fascinated by Deadspin which I've seen people refer to as the "Us Weekly of sports."

It's the semi-trashy, knee-jerk reactions to the newest sports stories, complete with opportunity to post your comments on each story.

In case you were curious as to what drew me to Deadspin, it would be this story about Harold Reynolds getting canned from ESPN.

No comments: