August 17, 2006

Killing me...

It appears that blogger has been working on a little something lately.

Blogger is currently beta testing a new management system/site to allow for more functionality in the blogs that folks (like me) are running via the blogger site/system/software. There are a bunch of new features through the beta, but there's one in particular that I'm all jazzed about: creating labels. It's something that I've been wanting to do for the blog for a long while now and something that hasn't been supported by blogger until the new beta rollout.

The use of label will allow me to assign each post to a category (or categories) which will then allow you folks to find various posts more quickly if you want to check back through something. For example, yesterday's post about Snakes on Your MoFlinkin Voice Mail ! might get tags of movies and pranks (I dunno, I'd have to think about what tags would be most helpful for my blog, more on that later). Then, on my blog page (probably over on the right hand side, under the archives somewhere) there'd be a list of the various tags I'd used along with how many posts there were for each tag. If you wanted to see all the movies posts, for example, all you'd have to do would be to click on the movies link. And biggity bang, all the movies posts would show up.

The issue here is that blogger is only allowing a small number of folks to switch their blogs over to the beta version - for now. Sure, I could start a new beta blog and lose all the old stuff, of I could just wait a while until they expand their beta rollout to include more and more currently running blogs from blogger.

Lemme just tell you folks, I'm all a twitter with excitement.
So, what tags should I start thinking about using?
  • movies
  • music
  • reviews
  • online games
  • PHS
  • the interweb
  • web weirdness
  • videos
  • personal
  • baseball
  • basketball
  • football
  • politics (little used)
  • science
  • food
  • soapbox
Can anybody think of anything else that I should use when the time comes around?

2 comments:

PHSChemGuy said...

I am an embarassment...how could I have forgotten comics?...thanks, J-Ged...

do I talk about P4P all that much?...I just thought that'd fall under soapbox and PHS...

calencoriel said...

I wouldn't consider information regarding P4P events or online donation links on the blog to be soapbox...you'd just giving out information...providing a service as it were...I think P4P should be it's own category...definitely, btw...j-ged