August 6, 2006

When I was a child, I [wrote] as a child

I don't exactly know what I want to say about this editorial in my hometown newspaper.

I stumbled upon the editorial while searching for an obituary for a friend's husband.

The comments that I have bouncing around in my head (in no particular order):
  • "Ben Carmack lives...attends Portland Christian School in Louisville." - really?!?!? I, for one, am shocked to hear that he's not attending a public school!?!?!
  • I've gone back and read some of the things that I wrote in college and a very few of the things that I wrote while I was in high school (thanks, mom, for saving that stuff) and am reminded of how much my positions have matured since that time. I wish Ben the same luck.
  • Um, I think law is exactly what Congree makes up. That's kind of their job.
  • "We cannot “make law” any more than we can craft a cell from scratch or tell the sun to stop shining or make pi be three." - oh, I think Mr. Montgomery Burns just might have something to say about that.
  • "What happens when someone refuses to believe in natural law? This question will have to be answered later." - Why? Why tease us so cruelly, Ben? Or is there a follow-up editorial that I should be searching for?

    All I could find from Ben was this other editorial that makes me think he's one politically messed-up young man: a religiously conservative, politically liberal gent. Good luck with that, Benny-boy.

1 comment:

ame said...

wow, I for one am VERY glad he is not attending NAFC Schools. We don't want to claim him. I did hear a compliment about your school webpage at registration last week from an FC teacher. Said it put hers to shame and you should be super proud of it.

On a side note, I spent some time with you boy tonight. He was happy as a clam playing with Nico in the yard. Welp bedtime for me since school starts tomorrow :P