September 4, 2006

A decade and a half, seriously?

Has it really only been fifteen frickin' years since the world wide web came into being?

I remember being a freshman at Wabash bitnetting to distant friends at Wooster, telnetting to the library at an Israeli university, and trying on Mosaic for the first time.

And now I can't even consider doing something as ridiculous as looking something up in a print encyclopedia.

To quote Berkeley Breathed, "what exactly does it mean to wind a watch?"

5 comments:

calencoriel said...

Thank God Al Gore invented it...

PHSChemGuy said...

Shut up...Al Gore's my frickin' hero...

ame said...

this offically makes me old... of course some people will always be older then me.

PHSChemGuy said...

Soon you shall be dirt...join the crue...

calencoriel said...

where's the umlat?