May 18, 2010

Check the Cool Wax

Update: The direct links to files hosted on Check the Cool Wax have been removed as per a cease and desist order.  Read the full details of the order here.

Oh, my gollies...

You have to Check the Cool Wax.

We're talking hours and hours of time lost in my life from just today alone. I've never been there before, but I know I'm going to be spending a whole crapload of time there in the future.

The concept is a simple one. Some guy - no clue who he is other than my frickin' hero - has taken a bunch of music from old LPs and 78s and 45s and burned them into mp3 format, which he then posts.

We're talking stuff like...
  • A disco Wonder Woman theme
  • William Shatner Live
  • Joe Piscipo and Eddie Murphy together
  • Jerry Reed's "The Bandit"
  • Dean Martin doing "I Walk the Line"
  • Beasite Boys "She's On It" which didn't appear on cd until the Sounds of Science compilation
  • Mel Torme's "Secret Agent Man"
  • Pee Wee's "Surfin' Bird"
  • The Merry Marvel Marching Society
  • Old Beastie Boys commercials
  • Rappin' Rodney Dangerfield
Honestly, I could post hundreds and hundreds of links from this that entertained me. Go, spend an hour or two on broadband and have a blast.

No comments: