November 15, 2006

A brief update on our 6000-yr-old planet

I've done a couple of passing mentions of evolution and creationism here on my blog in the past, and I think I've even mentioned the forthcoming creationist museum (though I can't find the former post, sorry).

But it looks like there's big news with the forthcoming Northern Kentucky creationism museum.

Seriously, I'm going to be like the first in line when this place opens.

Beaker will be all over the place.

There was also some lesser news on the creationist museum front.

5 comments:

Kyle said...

Coincidentally, I'm currently reading Carl Sagan's Contact, which includes a satirical scene with a fundamentalist preacher who started ... (wait for it) ... a Creationist Museum!

I think trying to represent visually and realistically a paradise created out of nothing in six days will just show how ridiculous the whole thing is.

ame said...

Ahh... a pic of Sue. Strangly enough I think I see her head in the background.

coldnorthgamer said...

You are unaware of the modern creationist theory. The universe and all was created in 6 God days, which who knows the length of one of His days.

The thought of a museum is kinda funny, but I can see it bringing in both believers and non-believers, which will generate more money to push the Creationist theories on the public.

calencoriel said...

...and that would be the number one reason why I'll never be attending the Creationist museum. As much fun as it would be to mock their pseudoscience, I'm not going to give them any of my money to promote their agenda...

PHSChemGuy said...

I don't care that it'll give them a few extra bucks, I'm still going once so that I can at least mock them.

I will try, however, to get free admission first - claiming to be some sort of science teacher who wants to consider going through it to see if it would work as a field trip for my kids.

Buck Hausman, science teacher of the Gods, at your service.