December 12, 2006

The Least of the East

Wow the Atlantic Division stinks.

I don't follow the NBA very much - mostly just tuning in during the late playoffs when the games start mattering.

And I know it's early, but sheesh...

The NBA's Atlantic Division stinks to high heavens. The team leading the divison as I write this isn't even playing .400 ball. New Jersey - your current division leaders - are 7-12, sporting a .368 winning percentage. Last place in the division is only two games back at .263.

The Western Conference, on the other hand, has only two teams in the entire conference that wouldn't be in first place in the Atlantic Division.

I know things are cyclical with divisions and conferences becoming stronger and weaker in turn, but the Atlantic Divison is absolutely abysmal right now. Wow...

And a happy 50th birthday to Larry Legend.

I think right now he could lead half the teams in the league to the Atlantic Division title...as a player...

No comments: