January 7, 2007

I'm always impressed

I'm flying solo today because the girl has taken a weekend jaunt to the happiest place on Earth.

She's not just kicking back while she's down there, however, as she's instead taking a little twenty-six-point-two mile jaunt around the various parks while she's there.

She's also being kind enough to take a few pics of my class mascot while she wanders around and around.

I don't know if I've mentioned it yet or not, but I married a heck of a girl. Since I've known her she's...
  • Hiked the AT (having never camped overnight in her life)
  • Run two marathons (in spite of not liking to run)
  • Gotten her library master's degree
  • And put up with me a whole heck of a lot
She's pretty phenomenal, and I take this moment to give a little shout out her way.

1 comment:

PHSChemGuy said...

Quick update for those of you wondering...I got the call from FLA...the race is over, and the girl did finish...not quite as strongly as had been hoped, however, but done none the less...

Apparently the heat got to her (85 with high humidity - not the weather she was training in) and she had to walk the last seven miles, but it's a victory for completion, none the less...