April 24, 2007

Bacon makes everything better

Today we talk about the perfect food: bacon.

Studies have shown (I swear they have, I just haven't been able to find them anywhere on the web...real science is never on the web, you know) that bacon was the food chosen by our dieties to provide every possible nutrient we need while keeping us healthy, wealthy, and wise.

Honestly, it's like Soylent Green but tastier.

I would start with a Matt Stone & Trey Parker clip about bacon from the first season DVDs of South Park, but they said (shocking for those guys, I know) some dirty words.

Instead, we'll go with Ben Garrant talking about his love for bacon...

So, onward we roll...

Let's start with bacon popcorn. Simple enough: fry bacon, pop the popcorn in the grease, and crumble in the bacon. It takes a healthy, hearty snack and makes it better.

Then there's IHeartBacon.com complete with reviews of wild boar bacon.

A post about bacon wouldn't be complete without bacon-wrapped breadsticks, beer-battered, bacon-wrapped, cheese-injected hotdogs, chocolate-covered bacon, cabon caramel, bacon cereal, or chicken-fried bacon.

I'll admit that I love bacon enough that my class's first aid kit provides students with bacon bandages, though i haven't moved to the bacon wallet, bacon mints, gummi bacon, or the bacon of the month club just yet.

There are lots of bacon blogs, bacon-loving comedians, even bacon taped to a cat.

Kids love bacon!

Engineers love bacon!

Crunchies love bacon (sort of)!

Werid artsy/science type people love bacon!

Makers love bacon!

Crafty folks love bacon!

Musicians love bacon!

Dieters love bacon!

If you need to know more, check wikipedia.

And ignore what any scientist says about bacon lung disease.

That's just bunk.

3 comments:

Captain Rob said...

Yaaay! Bacon!

Heh, I got the bacon bandages too - did yours come with egg bandages and a free toy?

ame said...

I have the sushi band-aids!

Next time you are in town let me know in advance, I'll make you some bacon candy.

PHSChemGuy said...

Rob - I went with the purely bacon bandages. They've since come out with the bacon & eggs. I did get a free toy, though - just about the smallest pink plastic pig I've ever seen.

I'm all in for bacon candy, ame. Thanks for the offer.