April 4, 2007

Google goes down the toilet


Looks like Google is up to their old tricks. April 1st has come and gone, with Google coming up with two excellent parody webpages this year.

The first one to roll into my inbox was Google's offer of free wireless internet from your toilet. I particularly like the three-tier payment scheme and the way that the lowest tier is free:
...we use information gathered by discreet DNA sequencing of your personal bodily output to display online ads that are contextually relevant to your culinary preferences, current health status and likelihood of developing particular medical conditions going forward.
There was also the option to start taking part of their new Gmail Paper program, in which they print out any email for you and drop ship them in a big box.
Gmail Paper is a scrapbooker's dream. I paper archive all of my son's emails, cut them out in creative shapes, and paste them in my binders.

Now that I have Gmail Paper, I understand the difference between labels and folders. I had one message with two labels, but when I tried to stick the paper version into two filing cabinets at the same time, it just wouldn’t go.

Gmail Paper is made out of 96% post-consumer organic soybean sputum...
Good times, folks...
gotta continue to love Google...

No comments: