June 13, 2007

It is with much sadness...

It is with much sadness that I mention the passing of Don Herbert, our beloved Mr. Wizard and pay tribute to him via the magic of YouTube...

The 1980's intro that I remember...

Mr. Wizard on a very early Late Night with David Letterman...

Mr. Wizard tells us how to lower energy rates...

I'm kinda disappointed that these are the only Mr. Wizard clips that I can hunt down on the web. Such is the nature of the web, I guess, as the most useless of videos are available on YouTube, but the true classics drift from us.

Much sadness today...

1 comment:

G-Rob said...

That was easily my favorite show and one of the major reasons I took such an interest in science as a kid.

His experiment about jet streams inspired me enough to develop an experiment of my own that won our school's science fair and won me the Nat'l Meteorological Society Award at the Regional Science Fair at Ball State. When you're a 6th grader, that's pretty huge.

I'll have to try and find the experiment description somewhere.