November 12, 2007

Google analytics


Since November 6th, when I signed up for Google Analytics for this here blog, I've gotten 454 visits - with a single-day high this Sunday of 106 visits.

Those 454 visits have come from 313 unique visitors (though I know I count for a couple of those as I've checked in from home and school.)
The average visit has takenone minute, twenty-eight seconds.

Of those visits, 339 came from folks using US English, and 55 from general English. Twelve visits from Korea (hmmmmm.....) Weirdly, 6 using a language that Google lists as nl and appears to be Dutch standard. Then there's five more from German standard. Things get less frequent from there until we're down to solo visits in Turkish, Swedish, Japanese, Hungarian, Spanish, and something listed as gl.

Fifteen visits have come from Canada, twenty-nine from the UK, one each from Malaysia, Iran, the Phillipines, Ireland, Brunei, Hungary, Latvia, Switzerland, Bulgaria, Ukraine, Lebanon, Turkey, the UAE, Thailand, Singapore, Vietnam, and Austria. Seriously...

203 visits used Firefox. 189 on IE. 44 Safari. 16 Opera. 1 AvantGo (?). 1 Mozilla.

Of people who came via search engines, 114 came using Google, 3 using Yahoo, 2 AOL, 2 search (?), and 1 MSN. Rock, folks.

The most common search term that lead people to me was Joey Eger with twenty-one visits to the blog. One search for Brazilian men in speedos - though I have no idea why - blog lin brehmer, how many watts should my system be? dj, and loads of other weird search terms have brought people here. I really don't understand some of the choices.

I could throw out hundreds more cool facts that I now know about my blog because of Google Analytics. I wonder whether this is gonna turn out to be more useful than Google Webmaster Tools. Both seem pretty frickin' cool, but Analytics is much more pictorially presented. Better presentation of info = better, more useful info in the long run.

2 comments:

achilles3 said...

Don't worry just signed up the wv!
Thanks :-)

PHSChemGuy said...

After playing around a little more, I'm signing up the PHS website, too...