December 21, 2007

Another top five...five times


My five favorite concert films...
  1. Awesome! I F---ing Shot That
  2. I am Trying to Break Your Heart
  3. The Last Waltz
  4. Rattle & Hum
  5. Purple Rain
My five favorite basketball films (in honor of Semi-Pro)
  1. Hoosiers
  2. Pistol: the birth of a legend (I remember it from television showing as a kid.)
  3. Basketball (It's Matt & Trey, so I'm all in.)
  4. Hoop Dreams
  5. Blue Chips (but mostly for the basketball games)
My favorite films from 1975 (the year I was born)...
  1. The Apple Dumpling Gang
  2. Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  3. Jaws
  4. Nashville
  5. Return of the Pink Panther
My favorite films from 2000 (the year I was married)...
  1. O Borther, Where Art Thou?
  2. High Fidelity
  3. Snatch
  4. Traffic
  5. Almost Famous
My favorite films with a Bob Dylan connection...
  1. The Big Lebowski - "The Man in Me"
  2. High Fidelity - "Tonight I'll Be Staying Here With You", "Most of the Time", "Shooting Star"
  3. The Freshman - "Maggie's Farm"
  4. The Royal Tenenbaums - "Wigwam", "Billy - Main Title"
  5. Dazed & Confused - "Hurricane"
  6. And that doesn't even take into account the biggest movie part he's ever had - Pat Garrett & Billy the Kid
My favorite films with a Randy Newman scores
  1. Toy Story 2
  2. Toy Story
  3. Pleasantville
  4. The Natural
  5. Monsters, Inv
Countdown to 1000: Five posts left, fittingly enough on a top five post.

No comments: