May 24, 2008

Today's issues

Thanks to PopMatters and lots of other sites for help in putting today's playlist together.

I started this list as Protest Songs but quickly realized that was much too restrictive. Instead, you get some songs that each have a specific issue in mind.

That, hoeever, could very quickly become the All Dylan, All the Time channel, so I tried to keep things to one song per artist.


SeeqPod - Playable Search

I hoped to add in "A Tree Never Grown" and "Great Nations of Europe" but couldn't find either on Seeqpod, and god knows I wanted a different version of "Deportee", but such is the world.

2 comments:

TL said...

The hippie in me enjoys "One Tin Soldier" (Me First and the Gimme Gimmes did a fun cover of that one), and just about every song in Hair is some sort of protest against convention/society. Flogging Molly did "Screaming at the Wailing Wall", which I enjoyed. Also, I'm lame enough to admit that once in a while I put on Twisted Sister's "We're Not Gonna Take It" and pretend to be a rebel...

PHSChemGuy said...

"One Tin Soldier" is a fun cover by the Gimme Gimmes...as are most of their things...

I was close on "We're Not Gonna Take It", but it just missed the cut - as did "I Fought the Law" in various version.

Dunno "Screaming..."...I'll hunt it down.