May 29, 2008

With my stimulus check


The above map - available here in massive form - shows the location of every AAA, AA, High-A, Low-A, and short season minor league baseball team in the US. Turns out we have a half dozen minor league teams here in the Buckeye state - which should make the summer baseball trip with The Surrogate Family a little easier.

But that's for another day. My issue at this point is that I threw on my Washington Senators baseball jersey over the weekend. It's a baseball jersey that I bought when I was in middle school (or maybe early high school) meaning that I've had it for nearly twenty years. When I first bought it, it was huge on me, a XXL; at this point, it barely qualifies as a large because of the decades of washing and drying (I've moved to line drying on everything now, but that's a recent development); and it's starting to get pretty worn in certain spots.

So it's time to get a new jersey, and I'm in need of some suggestions.

The issues - I'm a Reds fan but a casual one at best, and putting on a Reds jersey while living the the greater-metro-Cincy-Dayton area suggests that I'm way more of a fan than I really am, opening me up to a whole lot of people I don't know coming up to me with the typical "Yeah, go Reds, man" comment.

And lord knows I hate people but love gatherings enough to want to avoid that.

I don't have any particular loyalty toward another major league team or any minor league team, so I'm just looking for a jersey that looks good. Something that's left field enough that I probably won't have any fans of the team coming up to me but not so horrifically weird that people are gonna comment.

So, anybody know of any minor league jerseys that they like the look of?

Or where I can find a jersey or baseball hat from the Los Alamos Bombers?

PS - Oh, and it's got to be a button-up. No pullovers for the pudgy boy.

3 comments:

achilles3 said...

http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2197050&cp=2174049.2208677&milbState=true

:-)

ame said...

I like the bats stuff. Farm team of the Reds so you get the Cincy connection. I do dislike that the ones they have on the site don't have arms, but I bet you could pick one up at Slugger Field or the Slugger Mus. next time you are in town. Only thing is I am not sure how you would feel about the purple.

http://shop.mlb.com/category/index.jsp?categoryId=2166085&cp=2166085

ReJEcht said...

http://shop.mlb.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=2220906&milbState=true

In so many words, it's the Red Sox farm team. Pretty nice park, and I like the logo.