June 13, 2008

In honor of the possibility of Anchorman 2


My favorite Will Ferrell movies:
  1. Stranger Than Fiction
  2. Anchorman
  3. Zoolander
  4. Talladega Nights
  5. Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back
  6. Honorable mention: Elf, Austin Powers, Wedding Crashers
My favorite Christina Applegate movies:
  • Sorry, I've apparently only seen two of her movies, so we'll move along
My favorite Paul Rudd movies:
  1. Anchorman
  2. Romeo + Juliet
  3. Clueless
  4. Knocked Up
  5. The 40 Year Old Virgin - hated it
  6. Honorable mention: The Shape of Things, not because I've seen it but because I read the plot once and have been utterly fascinated ever since
My favorite Steve Carell movies:
  1. Anchorman
  2. Bruce Almighty
  3. The 40 Year Old Virgin - have I mentioned that I hated this?
  4. Little Miss Sunshine - hated it even more
  5. Seriously? I've only seen four of his films? Amazing...
My favorite David Koechner movies:
  1. Thank You For Smoking - best film in today's top fives
  2. Man on the Moon
  3. Anchorman
  4. Talladega Nights
  5. Wag the Dog
  6. Dishonorable mention: Balls of Fury - wow, was that horrible...A Guy Thing - possibly worse than Balls of Fury...The 40 Year Old Virgin - last time, I promise, but blech
My favorite Fred Willard movies:
  1. This is Spinal Tap
  2. Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle
  3. Best in Show
  4. A Mighty Wind - It's growing on me...kinda sweet.
  5. Anchorman
  6. Honorable mention: Waiting for Guffman, Austin Powers...this is clearly not a man destined for leading man roles

6 comments:

joey said...

a lack of old school disqualifies the list. its like a fine wine, it gets better every time you see it.

achilles3 said...

Second, Joey!

NO OLD SCHOOL IN THE TOP FIVE!!!!
It's number 1 through 5 on my list!

"Good to see Frank's dad made it out tonight. Haven't seen 'im in like 8 YEARS."

"IloveyouDAD!"

Katydid said...

No Christina Applegate?

Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead deserves a list by itself. Such cinematic mastery, such depth.

Grace said...

I love lamp

ame said...

Loved Little Miss Sinshine, but thought it was hugely overhyped.

PHSChemGuy said...

I have seen the second half of Old School once, but that's it. Didn't find it funny at all. Perhaps if I'd seen it from the beginning, maybe, but I've got no desire to see it at this point.

Sorry, boys...

Agreed, Katydid...but I couldn't come up with even a third movie much less five full...

Grace, we all love lamp. If I had met lamp before I met The Girl, I 'd certainly be leading a different life than I am now.

Ame...you're wrong. You didn't love Sunshine. It's not possible. Craptacular film and amazingly overhyped.