June 4, 2008

A pause for electronic beauty

It started with this post and this image...


Which lead me to this post of amazing uses of type, all of which are well worth checking out, and my favorite of which I'm throwing in here...





Which then lead me to this site and it's collection of sickly awesome backgrounds and tutorials - for which I can't yet vouch but that I will be checking soon enough because they clearly have a whole lot to teach me.




I am, quite simply, in awe of designers.

2 comments:

joey said...

graphic design is easy.

GOOD graphic design is really really incredibily tough.

PHSChemGuy said...

I heard a similar thing about engineers once:

Engineering is finding solutions to problems.

Good engineering is finding simple solutions to problems.

Great enginnering is finding elegant solutions to problems.