July 7, 2008

From magazines...

Two things popped up recently on the radar...

One, a quote from RealSimple (shut up, The Girl reads it to me...) When asked what was the secret to a good marriage, here's one answer...
National Public Radio! My husband and I spend a lot of time during the week driving in separate cars. We both listen to NPR. At the end of the day, when we are done talking about work, one of us will say, “Did you hear the piece about…?” It’s nice to have so much to discuss.
Amy J. Fischer
East Patchogue, New York
Clearly, we're okay...

And secondly, from this month's Cincinnati Magazine (access code for this month is...red meat...and shut up again, I got the subscription when I donated to WVKU). They list the 12 best steak houses in the Cincy area - only one of which I've been to, and it stunk (but that was apparently before the new guy took over). So it looks like we've got a task to tackle...at one a month, I don't think we'll get the meat sweats.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

clearly not related to anything on your blog.
avett signed to columbia/american record label and are currently in production a new full length album with rick rubin (owner and CEO of american records)

http://theavettbrothers.com/site.php

PHSChemGuy said...

I dig that they're getting the big cash...and I trust Rubin as a producer - he tends to do what the band needs without putting a ham-handed touch on the recording...

verdict: good news

thanks for passing it along