September 17, 2008

Again, somebody has misunderstood the word


So, according to CNN...
Aides to Gov. Sarah Palin won't comply with subpoenas issued by state lawmakers investigating the firing of Alaska's former public safety commissioner, since Palin "has declined to participate" in the probe, her attorney general says.
...and Palin joins with Karl Rove in the we can ignore a subpoena club.

Does nobody understand the concept of a subpoena?

As I quoted:
[a subpoena] is an order from a court for a person to appear at a trial under punishment for failure to appear

2 comments:

calencoriel said...

well sure people can issue subpoenas...it's just a question of whether or not some one is going to enforce the subpoenas.

Oh, and I'd like to think I'm mature enough that I don't think the word subpoena is funny, but I'm not. Thanks 20 years of teaching adolescent boys in public schools...I swear I'm going to be the only old lady in the nursing home who laughs at her own farts someday...

PHSChemGuy said...

No, the word subpoena is hilarious.

And good luck on those farts staying dry when you're in the home, Calen.