January 19, 2009

It's far too far 'til summer

I don't care that this doesn't come out until June and that we've got Watchmen and Fanboys on the far more imminent horizon. What matters to me is that ColdNorthGamer mentioned a while back that he didn't watch the YouTube clips I put up because they were always gone by the time he got to them (often because I was posting long in advance for those weekend forays), so I'm throwing this one out there right now.

I want to see this film.

Do yourself a favor and read this summary before checking out the trailer below...
This post modern love story is never what we expect it to be -- It's thorny yet exhilarating, funny and sad, a twisted journey of highs and lows that doesn't quite go where we think it will. When Tom, a hapless greeting card copywriter and hopeless romantic, is blindsided after his girlfriend summer dumps him, he shifts back and forth through various periods of their 500 days "together" to try to figure out where things went wrong. His reflections ultimately lead him to finally rediscover his true passions in life.


But what's with the awful announcer voice? If the film's got two stars of that magnitude (solid B-listers, Zoey bordering on A), then they should be able to get a decent announcer voice.

6 comments:

achilles3 said...

Looks way cool.
The voice just goes with the awkwardness of the whole project I think.
btw I think 500 days is more than enough;-)

Katydid said...

I watched the preview of this from Sundance, from which the buzz seems to be pretty positive. Looks interesting, at the very least.

ReJEcht said...

Fox Searchlight has had the good films, but I think that a Watchmencomicmovie.com site for this movie (or any non-superhero) movie would be pretty amazingly hilarious.

Lee said...

Totally unrelated to this post...but when can I mail in a check for the P4P campaign?

And do I make it out to Princeton High School?

PHSChemGuy said...

Emily...the Pasta for Pennies campaign starts Feb 2, but we'd happily take your money anytime. Send the check - made out to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, please - to the high school, care of either me or Heckman.

And thanks for thinking of the campaign.

Anonymous said...

Thanks! I was able to view the video and it does look like a cool movie, one that I can very much get into. Zoey is awesome! I've loved everything she's done except the Wizard of Oz remake, which was a Sci-Fi channel train wreck that I couldn't not watch all the parts.