May 11, 2009

A little hipster haiku

It's my secret shame—
My love for 70's disco?
Not so ironic...

I know Atari
She knows only Nintendo
Generation gap

O, you thrift store lads
I thrill at your skinny pants!
Artfully mussed hair

My fantasy bar:
The juke box is all B-sides
All emo, all night

Vinyl collection
Original plastic sleeves
Alphabetical

I only kissed you
Because I saw the playlists
On your damn iPod

McEnroe poser
Your terry-cloth wristbands are
Obviously new

Rock my Adidas
(Wes Anderson collection)
Never rock Fila

Thanks, Aunt Polly. But
Chili's gift certificates
Are no good to me

~From Hipster Haiku by Siobhan Adcock

5 comments:

Katydid said...

These are the things I see on a daily basis. So many ironic grandma glasses, so little time.

PHSChemGuy said...

That's not a haiku.
It has to be formatted
Exactly like this.

ReJEcht said...

And I think I saw
Another reason to sigh
You like their music.

joey said...

c-c-c-c-c-combo breaker

PHSChemGuy said...

You folks are awesome.