May 7, 2009

That's high praise


I would argue that American Idiot is the greatest album of the decade. I know that's an incredibly subjective statement as there are thousands of albums released every year and its flatly impossible for anyone to listen to all of them. I know I haven't listened to more than probably a hundred albums that have been released this decade, but I am so amazingly impressed with Idiot, that few - if any - bands have put out anything as tuneful, as successful, as ambitious as Idiot in this decade or ever.

So, when the first review I read for their follow up, 21st Century Breakdown states flatly that...
21st Century Breakdown is even better, so masterful and confident it makes Idiot seem like a warm-up.
I'm there and ready. iTunes is offering a full album plus four extra songs pre-order for $14.99, and I just officially bought my first fully-digital album. In another week, I'll download the full album.

4 comments:

achilles3 said...

billy and I have the same birthday.

calencoriel said...

this is very exciting...you know my opinion of American Idiot...I think I'll be visiting iTunes as well.

PHSChemGuy said...

You and Billy both rock, Mr Lakes...

Calen - I am aware...and I highly recommend - having heard only a single song - the 21st century breakdown...throw a few bucks into iTunes and go...

Murr Nation said...

I was mailed a copy of the album for the paper, and I can assure you you are not wasting your money. I too loved American Idiot, and this is certainly a step forward. The CD has a matured sound, a tiny bit less punk, and instead a little more piano and melody. It is very very good.