July 13, 2009

Mighty cool

I really wish that one of three things were true:
  • either I was a bigger fan of one of the licensing lines that Hasbro has - Star Wars, GI Joe, Marvel, Transformers, Indy Jones
  • or Hasbro had licensing agreements with DC
  • or I had a buttload of money
Without one of those things being true, I just can't bring myself to start collecting Mighty Muggs because I absolutely love the things and am tempted to start buying them every time I see one of them in the stores.

The most awesome part about them is their simplicity and near-perfect graphic design. As Jason Knize points out, The simplicity of the Mighty Mugg is the line’s trademark. Scale isn’t a priority, the molds are all basically the same, articulation is limited, accessories are minimal, and the paint applications aren’t too complicated.

But I don't really care about that, they just look so cool.

I want to buy all the ones on Amazon. I want to check the whole Wikipedia checklist. I want to start making custom Muggs from the blanks that they sell. I want to start following the Mighty Mugg blogs.

3 comments:

calencoriel said...

So..."I like them" isn't a good enough reason to start another collection?

ReJEcht said...

http://www.starwars.com/vault/collecting/20090713.html

Word Verification: promarks. I earn a million bajillion points.

PHSChemGuy said...

There are all sorts of things that are cute and neat but that I'm not going to collect. If they made DC characters, I'd be all down with them.

Actually, I'd seen those customs, ReJect, when I was making this post. The one I like best in the George Lucas with the AT-AT on a leash. That's creative.