August 24, 2009

Alphabet my cd's

My favorite cd's by artists in each letter of the alphabet. Only cds that I actually own (in hard copy or digital, not things that I've burned from friends or the library) are eligible here.
  • A - Ryan Adams Cardinology
  • B - Beastie Boys Paul's Boutique (though this one shifts within the Beasties)
  • C - Marc Cohn Marc Cohn (Cake's Comfort Eagle a close second)
  • D - Bob Dylan Blood on the Tapes
  • E - Steve Earle Jerusalem
  • F - Freddy Jones Band Waiting for the Night
  • G - Green Day American Idiot
  • H - Ben Harper and the Innocent Criminals Burn to Shine
  • I - Chris Isaak Forever Blue
  • J - Johnny Socko Bovaquarium
  • K - Paul Kelly Words and Music
  • L - Los Lobos Kiko
  • M - Magnetic Fields 69 Love Songs
  • N - Randy Newman The Randy Newman Songbook (tough call over Nirvana's MTv Unplugged
  • O - OAR Any Time Now (easy call, only O artist)
  • P - Pearl Jam No Code (tough call over Liz Phair Whitechocolatespaceegg, Pogues Rum, Sodomy, and the Lash, Prince The Hits/The B Sides, Pink Floyd Animals)
  • Q - Queen News of the World
  • R - REM Automatic for the People
  • S - Frank Sinatra The Very Good Years
  • T - Richard Thompson Action Packed
  • U - U2 No Line on the Horizon (the favorite U2 album shifts almost daily)
  • V - Dave Van Ronk Inside Dave Van Ronk
  • W - Wilco A Ghost is Born (another that shift often)
  • X - empty
  • Y - Yonder Mountain String Band Mountain Tracks Vol. 2
  • Z - Warren Zevon Learning to Flinch



And because it doesn't cost me anything but time and a bit of electrons, I'm trying to identify all the artists in the above ad from The Observer. Check the print images here. I'm putting the list in black, but you can always highlight it to get the answers. I successfully got 21 of the 26 (but now know the other five after checking the video comments) and feel pretty good about that.
  • A - Abba
  • B - Beatles
  • C - Christina Aguilera
  • D - Darkness (dunno them, had to check the comments to find this one)
  • E - Eminem (really, don't get this one, comments told me who it was)
  • F - Flaming Lips
  • G - Guns 'n' Roses
  • H - Har Mar Superstar (I have never heard of this guy. Thank heaven for Britain.)
  • I - Ice-T
  • J - The Jacksons (note the change in Michael's coloring)
  • K - Kiss
  • L - Led Zepplin
  • M - Missy Elliott
  • N - Nirvana
  • O - Ozzy Osbourne
  • P - Public Enemy
  • Q - Queen (my favorite animation)
  • R - Red Hot Chili Peppers
  • S - Stevie Wonder
  • T - Tatu
  • U - U2
  • V - Village People
  • W - White Stripes
  • X - Xzibit
  • Y - Yeah Yeah Yeahs (again, had to cheat in the comments)
  • Z - Zappa

3 comments:

coachsullivan said...

17 for 26. Really disappointed I didn't come up with I and W. The rest, probably not a shot in hell I'd have gotten them aside from C and M...I was leaning towards those two being right but didn't pull the trigger, so I'm not marking myself down for 19.

Ame said...

I never have understood why you like Boveraquarium the best of all of Socko's albums. Maybe its because I have seen them perform it live so often, but I still like Oh, I Do Hope Its Roast Beef best.

PHSChemGuy said...

I like Bovaquarium because that's where I came in. That's what the band sounds like in my head - only it's supposed to have crappy echo because they're in the Fiji house at Wabash.