August 7, 2009

Willie, Mickey, and the Duke

Addendum - In addition to all the good stuff I mention below, I should also point out this one very sad news story in the Cincinnati baseball world today.



We're smack in the heart of fantasy baseball season, and I'm feeling the love for the horsehide.

Heck, I just ordered myself the new baseball jersey that I'd mentioned jonesing for, and I picked one that I think will appropriately combine my love of the horsehide and my geeky nature which will likely ensure that the jersey never gets dirty by my actually playing baseball.

There's this recent ESPN column about how to attain baseball happiness.


Plus, I got to see a ballgame at Durham Bulls Athletic Park this past week. It's not the site of the games in Bull Durham - that's their old park a half dozen blocks away - but it's still the Durham Bulls, and we were in row F up the third-base side. That's six rows from the field, and that's how baseball should be viewed. Gotta get to more minor league games.

In case you were curious, that's THort in orange, TheGirl's hand, then JHort in white. ChemGuy is - as I typically am - behind the camera. Hah!

And I'm going to see some more baseball this weekend, which is awesome.


And that's not the scene I really wanted to embed, but I didn't want to push the limits of the .

2 comments:

Smamy said...

Were you in Durham? I have been trying to get ahold of you for a couple of months and here you end up in my back yard! You still in town?

Bdubba said...

Love the jersey! I am sure many will get a chuckle out of it.