September 1, 2009

Steve Martin

I dig Steve Martin...

He's like the absolute modern epitome of a Renaissance man.

He's got the Wild and Crazy Guy thing...


He's got the Excuse Me! thing...


He's actually a heck of a banjo player...




Seriously...he just released a full album of banjo music with only one funny song...


He wrote Shopgirl - book and screenplay - and did a great job acting in the film...


He had a small part in Grand Canyon but turned in an amazingly movie performance...


His book Pure Drivel is absolute comedic genius...there's an essay in which he laments the lack of e's for the writing so he writes without one...at all...check an excerpt...

He's just straight-up hilarious...


He wrote my favorite movie ever, LA Story...




And he was, spectacularly, Ruprecht...


He loves the Muppets...


The man is clearly a catch...

3 comments:

cmorin said...

Ah, great post. Steve Martin is fantastic. I love the defective cans scene in the jerk. I cried the first time I saw that.

PHSChemGuy said...

These cans are defective!

Anonymous said...

Yes, Steve Martin is pure genius. I did not realize he wrote LA Story.