September 8, 2009

Update: Your handwriting as a font

A while back I posted that I wanted a font of my own handwriting but was reluctant because it cost nine bucks.

Now, however, thanks to stumble upon, I've found a site that offers the same service but for free. Check out the free service FontCapture. It's been posted for like three weeks and has already been improved upon by its designer...may just get better and better.

Gimme a week or so and I'll upload what I get from their service. I'm all good being your guinea pig.

7 comments:

calencoriel said...

This is exciting! I've been wanting this for years. There's a teacher in the department whose handwriting would be perfect as a font!

Lee said...

People always tell me that my weird handwriting should be made into a font! That's sweet.

cmorin said...

Mr. Beischel. By far the coolest handwriting ever. I don't know if it would be a cool font... really I just wish I could write like him.

Bdubba said...

*raising hand feverishly* Oooo. Ooo. Me! Me! I want one!

calencoriel said...

Hey...wanna use my scanner?

joey said...

I WANT BEISCHEL FONT AND AM WILLING TO FUND!!!!!!

serious.

oh, and since i have a tablet there is an XP Powertoy that lets you do this in like 5 minutes for free.... its kinda cool

Cassandra said...

i heard about this from my aunt! she's a typography professor so she was super geeked.

emily, your handwriting is SO sweet! it should definitely be a font.