April 15, 2010

Movie Confessional

I have never seen the following movies:
  • The Sound of Music
  • Gone With the Wind
  • Miracle on 34th Street
  • It's a Wonderful Life
  • The Ten Commandments
  • One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
  • Avatar
  • The Grapes of Wrath
  • Titanic
  • The Crying Game
  • Vertigo
  • The Deer Hunter
I have seen but don't enjoy these movies:
  • Star Wars
  • 40 Year-Old Virgin
  • The Departed
  • Little Miss Sunshine 
If these movies are on television, I won't turn them off:
  • Hoosiers
  • Heat
  • Roadhouse
  • Almost Famous

3 comments:

TL said...

I haven't seen any of the Godfather movies. I haven't seen The Deer Hunter or Grapes of Wrath either, nor The Crying Game (I know the much parodied end, so I don't see the point...) I've seen all your other ones listed in that category though. I like Star Wars and 40 Year Old Virgin, kinda liked LMS, haven't seen The Departed. Haven't seen any of your last bunch.

I am unashamed to admit I liked Erik the Viking. I'm sure there are others I should be ashamed to admit, but I can't think of them right now.

Ame said...

How did we grow up in the same house? Mom always enjoyed Sound of Music so I saw that early. I always watch Hoosiers and Almost Famous and have em both on dvd.

PHSChemGuy said...

TL - I will say that the first two Godfathers are outstanding. The third is still pretty good, but just not as good as the first two. Little Miss Sunshine drove me nuts - couldn't stand when the people in the theater with me stand up and applaud at the end.

Erik the Viking is a favorite. It's been a long time since I've seen it, though.

Ame - Nope, I've been in a production of Sound of Music and seen a few scenes from the film, but probably less than half an hour of the full film.

Have you seen the extended version of Almost Famous? Interesting few differences. I've got it if you ever want to borrow.