November 25, 2010

ChemGuy's Christmas List

I know you're all going out shopping tomorrow, so I thought I'd give you a bit of a heads up as to some things you might see if you were to take a look at ChemGuy's Christmas list.

First up is a replacement for our beloved FiestaWare waffle iron.  Our old waffle iron was a wedding gift from...uh...from somebody and lasted a solid nine years or so, but the hinge eventually snapped, and the cord connecting top to bottom was becoming a little scary.  So we're in need of a new one.

Based on reviews from Cooks Illustrated (I would link, but it's a members-only kinda thing, doncha know) and a few other sites, I'm thinking the choice would be the Chef's Choice WafflePro Express M840B, Classic Belgian.  I'll readily admit to being a fan of the Belgian-style waffles with the deeper pockets for syrup. 

I miss having waffles on a Sunday morning.

Next up is a Bellarmine University hat or shirt.  I've been going to a Bellarmine women's basketball game or two like clockwork every year for four or five years now, and I'm starting to think that I need to get something that marks me as a Knights fan since I'm pretty much always seeing them on the road.

Once I get the shirt or hat, I just might get lucky enough to see them win a game - something I'm yet to do.

For a little musical gifting, you could work some magic and get the Beastie Boys' next album - Hot Sauce Committee, Vol 1 (or Vol 2 - depending on how you read their latest, freaky email) released and purchased for me. The cd was originally supposed to be released about a year ago but got delayed so that Yauch could undergo treatments for throat cancer with which he was diagnosed around that time. 

Since then the album has been delayed and delayed and is now supposed to come out sometime this spring.  Either after or as Vol 2 - about which I have absolutely no understanding at all.  Either way, anything the Beasties put out is an automatic purchase for me, so it would make a great gift if you can get your hands on it.

Also delayed but now available for pre-order is the Erfworld book 1 physical book.  At least the site says it's available for pre-order, but I can't find the listing in the store just yet.

Erfworld is a webcomic that's admittedly available for free but that has such an involved, deep storyline and world that I really want to read the entirety of the books in print in one sitting.  The storyline of Book 2 is currently ongoing and becoming even more labyrinthine to understand, but I'm hooked enough that I want to see this thing through.

As we did last year, The Girl and I are making a holiday-time donation to Child's Play charity.  Admittedly, this year's donation will be a little smaller, but we would certainly be honored if you wanted to join us in helping hospitals (there's probably one in your area) provide entertainment for their younger guests.  You could also make a donation to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society - either through the official donation page for the Princeton High School campaign or through our 5K registration page.  All donations to both causes are, of course, tax deductible.

There's also a few book and such that I'm desirous of - most particularly at the moment, Absolute Planetary Vol1 & Vol 2There are always, however, such things that I'm in want of, and my Amazon wishlist has far more of those kinds of things than I want to list here.

In all honesty, though, there's absolutely nothing that I need.  There are always things I want, but I'm old enough to know the differences between the two.

Take some time to spend some time with the folks you love this holiday season.  Maybe hunker down and watch a good movie on the couch. 

Stay friendly, everybody.

3 comments:

DanEcht said...

I stopped reading Erfworld at the end of Book 1...when it left giantitp. So now I have a lot of reading to do...

Ame said...

Nanny bought you guys the waffle maker.

PHSChemGuy said...

DanEcht - The storyline has gotten a lot more involved, and publication has been sporadic which makes following the storyline a little awkward, but I'm digging the whole thing.

Ame - I'll have to thank her next time because it's one of the wedding gifts that we've enjoyed the most.