February 23, 2011

Fred Armisten & Jeff Tweedy

On the way back from Sevierville, TN this past weekend, Anchorman came up in conversation as did the outstanding line "I will not eat cat poop."



(sorry for the cat-poopy quality of the video...best I could find online, probably won't be there that much longer)

For some reason it hit me that the character of Tino, the restaurant owner, was played by Fred Armisen from Saturday Night Live. I'd previously noticed that the character of Tino was played by the same actor who played the South American music journalist in Wilco's I am Trying to Break Your Heart (jump ahead to 5:48 through 8:25 in this clip)...



...but for some reason, I hadn't ever made the connection that both were played by Armisen who has gone on to play a number of classic SNL characters including President Obama.

Apparently it wasn't any kind of secret, but I'd not made the connection until this weekend...





No comments: