February 9, 2011

Quasi-update: Mighty Cool

A while back I pointed out the line of Mighty Muggs and commented that I was really happy that they didn't offer a DC line because they're so frickin' cute that I might need to start collecting them if they did.

This week, however, I noticed that it looked like the Mighty Muggs line had, indeed, been expanded to include DC heroes.


Upon further inspection, however, I noticed that this is a slightly different line called Mez-Itz from Mezco, apparently a similar toy in a slightly smaller (2" high) scale and with a weirdly thin, freaky neck and an oddly shaped head. Where the Muggs were kind of cute, the Mez-Itz are just kinda freaky looking and hold no interest to me.

Don't know exactly why those small changes make a big difference to me, but they do.

2 comments:

Bdubba said...

Hey there! Kind of off topic question for you but....do you know where I can get my hands on Spider Girl stuff? My toddler is really diggin' Spiderman but wants a girl variety. Help? She has a costume but....that is about all I can find out there. Hope y'all are keeping warm up there. Miss you guys!

PHSChemGuy said...

Spider-girl really hasn't been too popular a character, and I think she's currently off the Marvel radar, without an ongoing series of her own.

My best bet would be to try ebay. Here's what I see over there - LOTS of comics, a couple of figures, two weirdly busty busts, costumes.

Amazon also has a few trade paperbacks available.