March 8, 2011

Tempted by the fruit of an ugler...

Most years at PHS we have a pretty standard Ugly Christmas Sweater day. It's usually sometime just before the 1st semester exam week begins, and the participation can be a bit spotty.

I struggle with the event because most every sweater that I find appropriate for the day is sized for women - typically made for women, too, but that's not a problem for me if I find that right sweater. I've been unable, however, to find the right sweater.

I've even thought about breaking down and buying an ugly Christmas sweater new under the thought that I'll be swearing this for another twenty or so years assuming that such novelty still turns out to be funny in the years 2025.

Thank heaven, then, for Rusty Zipper, an online vintage clothing store that provides Ugly Christmas Sweaters sorted by size and gender-appropriateness.

Take, for example, the current object of my affection...



At $42.00, it's a deal. That's like $3 per year for the rest of my career, and I'll have a classic.

I'd like something perhaps a little more bright red or bright green, though. I think I'll spend the coming summer checking in on Rusty Zipper from time to time.

I am picky enough, however, to want a Christmas sweater and not some cheapy Christmas sweatshirt.

I do have some standards, folks.

3 comments:

calencoriel said...

Um...if you go for teddy bears with the scalloped neck I will pitch in for that!!!

Holy crap! That's awful!

Ame said...

I believe that at some point you were given towels that would match that sweater. I am sure some are hanging out still in the "dog towel" area at the rents place.

PHSChemGuy said...

Calen - I think I'm gonna wait to see how the jobs & finances play out before I start buying. If I'm not gonna be at Princeton, I'm not sure I'm gonna need the sweater.

Ame - Yeah, Nanny & Grandpa gave some very misguided gifts. Were the towels light tan with embroidered teddy bears? If so, I still have a couple of those towels in my dog towel area, too.