August 16, 2011

Top five: Authors and their movies

My favorite films based on Philip K Dick stories...
  1. Blade Runner
  2. Scanner Darkly
  3. Minority Bureau
  4. Adjustment Bureau
  5. Total Recall
My favorite films based on Stephen King stories...
  1. The Shining
  2. Stand By Me
  3. Shawshank Redemption
  4. The Green Mile
  5. It (tv mini-series)
My favorite films based on Michael Crichton stories...
  1. Disclosure
  2. Jurassic Park (nothing below here is worth watching)
  3. Rising Sun
  4. Sphere
  5. The Lost World: Jurassic Park
My favorite films based on Shakespeare plays...
  1. Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead
  2. Strange Brew
  3. West Side Story
  4. Romeo+Juliet
  5. 10 Things I Hate About You Honorable mentions: The Lion King, Shakespeare in Love (He wrote that, right?), Looking for Richard, Hamlet(1996) , Much Ado About Nothing (1993)

My favorite films written by Cameron Crowe...
  1. Almost Famous
  2. Fast Times at Ridgemont High
  3. Singles 
  4. Jerry McGuire  
  5. Say Anything...

3 comments:

calencoriel said...

Really? Jerry McGuire beats out Say Anything?

You had me at hello?

Of course, my only reason for liking Say Anything more is because John Cusack is in the movie...

thort said...

you didn't care for "The Stand"? Which, by the way, I think is King's best work

PHSChemGuy said...

Yes, Jerry McGuire over Say Anything which is painful and sappy. Even though McGuire is far from perfect, I enjoy it more.

THort - I've never seen the tv version of The Stand.The book is spectacular, but the movie is something I can't speak to.