June 8, 2012

Comparisons

The Shenandoah playlistthat I've been working on is largely complete. It exists, however, in three separate forms.

First there's the new hotness, rdio. Do me a favor and check to see if the playlist is playable without an rdio account.



There's the 8Tracks version...




...and there's the YouTube version...



Now, as to a comparison...
  • YouTube is easy and visual and, in this case, very much limited. YouTube doesn't have nearly as many versions of "Shenandoah" as I would want it to have, and it's missing a number of my favorite versions. Some of the visuals are also fairly pointless as they're just uploads of songs over still images. Meh...
  • 8Tracks allowed me to upload any versions that I had saved on my computer. There is a limit of no more than two songs by any one artist or from any one album, but those are easily circumvented if you want to. Plus the time to upload this playlist was about twenty minutes in the background while I did other things on the computer. 
  • Rdio had a massive selection, and dropping songs onto the playlist was easy as pie. But, it's a pay service. Thankfully the local library is paying for it for now.

No comments: