June 12, 2012

Field trips

Places I need to visit that are within a day trip length 'cause this year's vacation time looks to be pretty non-existant with The Girl in UC summer classes all summer.



  • Entertrainment Junction, West Chester, OH - This one's like ten minutes from my house, and I have a Groupon for entry for two before the end of June. I'm going to see this one for certain this summer.



  • Toy and Plastic Brick Museum, Bellaire, OH - It's a very unofficial Lego museum over on the far eastern edge of Ohio. I'm thinking I'm a gonna check it out this summer. I especially dig the downhome vibe because this museum is a total labor of love for one guy. I dig it, and I feel like supporting him. I just wish his online shop was actually up and running. Four hour drive away...hopefully it's a little more joyous than the building's outside looks to be.
  • Brazee Street Studios, Cincinnati, OH - There's a glass art studio here in town. Might as well check out the work over there 'cause I love glass artwork.


  • Kokomo Opalescent Glass, Kokomo, IN - One of the other master teachers with the ASM summer camps (material science stuff...I'll be in Houston in a week or so teaching their stuff) says this factory is a must to be seen. Kokomo's only three hours away from home for me. 
What other places should I check out? My limit is about the four hours drive for the not-Lego museum.

No comments: