June 1, 2012

Gifts for a ChemGuy

I'm doing everything I can not to run out and buy all the Lego collectible minifigs that I can from the local stores - Wal-Mart, Meijer, wherever. See, I screwed up and bought some of the series 5 minifigs when Meijer put them in the $1.50 clearance rack. I blind bought a bunch of the figures and quickly had twelve of the sixteen figures (plus extras of most of the ones I did get).

I, however, have a disease. My name is ChemGuy, and I'm a completist.

See, I had twelve of the sixteen, but I didn't have all sixteen. That's four that were floating around out there that weren't a part of my collection. So I went back and grabbed a few more at the clearance price but didn't get any of the four I needed.

So I learned and worked a little harder, figuring out how to identify each of the figures by feel through the still-sealed, opaque bags. I picked up a few that I wanted more of and found the four I had been missing. By feeling through the bags, I hit six of seven on what I thought was in the bag, and I finished the collection...of series 5, anyway.

Which is a dangerous place to be because there are seven series, and I've only completed one of the seven series - so far.

I'm going to try and be strong, however. I'm going to try not to buy any more collectible minifigs and just remain with one complete set and a few multiples from that set.


If, however, you wanted to pick a little something up for me - or wanted to set my completist nature into a tizzy, here are my favorite non-series-5 collectable minifigs...



From series 1...

From series 2...


From series 3...
From series 4...
From series 6...

Form series 7...





No comments: