April 4, 2013

You can go home again



That's the house I grew up in.

I was back in N'Albany this past week and saw that it was for sale.

In case you were curious, my old bedroom shows up at 1:50, and no, that dark wood around the windows doesn't at all fit with their all-white house.

A lot has understandably been redone since we moved out in like twenty-five years ago, and I'm especially curious as to why they've gone with the all-white/grey-carpet look throughout the house. My initial thought is to wonder if a contractor bought the house and neutralized it for a quick sale.

The actual listing is at this link, but I will warn you that there's a dog buried in the backyard.

5 comments:

Ame said...

Turns out I know (a friend of a friend) who bought it.

coldnorthgamer said...

Barely remember that house. I think I was there only a few times before you moved. I remember the closets in your bedroom being very cool.

PHSChemGuy said...

Ame - so I can't go home again, huh? Somebody else is going to be there?

Gamer - My bedroom was great for a kid. It was huge - 21' x 11' with paneling that I could push thumbtacks into for all the posters. And there were huge closets on both ends of the room. I dug that room.

coachsullivan said...

I think I might have been there 3-4 times to play video games early in junior high, but I'm with Wayne...mostly hazy memories now.

PHSChemGuy said...

I have fond memories, man, fond memories.