March 12, 2014

Update (the fourth): Lego Simpsons...my guesses

The list of Lego Simpsons collectible minifigs has been released by Amazon UK.

Let's see how I did from my revised guesses.

First, my guesses after revision upon seeing the Evergreen Terrace house set...ones I got right in green, wrong in red...
  • Homer - alternate
  • Bart - alternate
  • Lisa - alternate
  • Apu Nahasapeemapetilon
  • Montgomery Burns 
  • Moe Syzslak - In retrospect, alcohol is certainly something that Lego is going to shy away from.
  • Milhouse Van Houten
  • Krusty the Clown
  • Barney Grumble - Same reason as Moe, I assume
  • Grandpa Simpson
  • Waylon Smithers - I'm very surprised that we're getting a Burns without a Smithers.
  • Chief Wiggum
  • Ralph Wiggum
  • Principal Skinner - All of the school adults were left out. I didn't see that coming.
  • Nelson Muntz
  • Groundskeeper Willie - All of the school adults were left out. I didn't see that coming.
...and the quasi-official announcement...ones I got right in green, wrong in red...
  1. Homer
  2. Marge - I didn't think we'd get a second Marge...
  3. Bart
  4. Lisa
  5. Maggie Simpson - ...or Maggie...
  6. Grampa
  7. Ned Flanders - ...or Ned...
  8. Ralph Wiggum
  9. Nelson Muntz
  10. Apu Nahasapeemapetilon
  11. Chief Wiggum
  12. Krusty the Clown
  13. Itchy - Really?
  14. Scratchy - Really?
  15. Mr. Burns
  16. Milhouse
So, 11 correct out of 16 possibilities. The Marge, Maggie, and Ned misses I don't feel too bad about. I didn't think we would get second versions of them, but Lego is apparently okay with that. I should've know about Moe and Barney being too alcoholic for Lego's target demographic. I'm shocked at the absence of Itchy and Scratchy and the absence of Smithers.

The Toys N Bricks post where I got this news, by the way, was accompanied by an image that appears to just be the Simpsons figures from the Evergreen Terrace set. The only two 'officially released' images are these (from Lego Minifigures tumblr)...



No comments: